The amount of bonuses distributed by Governor Nurdin Abdullah varied according to the type and total medals won, such as the gold medal, Rp100 million; silver medal, Rp60 million; and bronze medal, Rp50 million.
"Alhamdulillah, I received a bonus of Rp110 million from the South Sulawesi Provincial Government after winning one silver and one bronze," rowing athlete Anwar Tarra remarked here on Saturday.
While competing in the Asian Games, the senior rower was able to secure a silver and bronze medal for the Red and White team.
In addition to Tarra, several athletes, such as Hardiansyah Muliang and Nofrizal, Syahrul Saputra, Sulfianto, Andi Tri Sandi, and Kusnelia, have received bonuses from the provincial government.
Hardiansyah Muliang and Nofrizal from the sepak takraw branch became the biggest bonus-winning athletes after securing one gold medal, one silver, and two bronze.
Moreover, Saputra, also a rower, won a silver and a bronze, as well as was entitled to receive a bonus of Rp110 million.
Sulfianto received Rp60 million after winning a silver, and finally Kusnelia received Rp50 million after bagging a bronze medal.
Following is the list of South Sulawesi athletes, who won medals for the Indonesian national team at the 2018 Asian Games:
1. Sepak takraw athlete Muh Hardiansyah Muliang won 1 gold, 1 silver, and 2 bronze medals
2. Sepak takraw athlete Nofrisal won 1 gold, 1 silver, and 2 bronze medals
3. Canoe/Sprint Kayak athlete Anwar Tarra won 1 silver and 1 bronze medal
4. Canoe/Kayak Sprint athlete Syahrul Saputra won 1 silver and 1 bronze medal
5. Rowing athlete Sulfianto won 1 silver medal
6. Sepak takraw athlete Andi Tri Sandi Saputra won 1 bronze medal
7. Sepak takraw athlete Kusnelia won 1 bronze medal.
Reporting by Abdul Kadir
Editing by Otniel . Rahmad
Editor: Fardah Assegaf
COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2018